Saturday, July 6, 2013

SPA farewell #4 and random Addis stuff

Another week, another blog post.

Yesterday (July 5), we had the ATA farewell for Sid Kamath. Sid's a fixture at ATA. He's been here since fall of 2011 and was something like employee #16. He's been involved in several teams (Soil, EthioSIS) and acted as a Program Manager (promoted SPA) to support Analytics, Systems, the CEO Office, and Khalid personally. He's the longest tenured SPA to still be at ATA (though Omondi only arrived a couple weeks after him). Before coming to ATA, Sid was at McKinsey London (where he'll start again in September). For the next couple months, Sid is traveling and working part-time, so we'll still see him around the office a few more times. He's a cool dude and his knowledge will be a huge loss to ATA...you know, when he actually leaves :)

Similar to Caitlin's farewell, several people spoke at his farewell: Khalid (CEO), Sam (the Soil Director), Mirafe (the Chief of Staff to the CEO), Renee (previously SPA in Analytics and now the Program Manager for Cross-Cutting Initiatives), and, of course, Sid himself.







Later that night, there was a party at Sid, Iris, and Nadia's house (Renee is moving in to replace Sid). Eric and Nadia busted out their dancing moves. I have two videos, but they won't upload even with the work internet connection. Thanks a lot Ethio-Telecom :/  Just know that Eric is a pretty freaking awesome dancer. As a not sufficient consolation prize, enjoy this picture of Sid and Angeles.



I've decided I need a "random things I saw in Addis" segment for my blog. I know I had that one post about it, but since then, guess what...I've seen more random things in Addis.

I didn't realize Toyota and Apple did co-branding.



That's right, every day on my way to and from work, I walk past a ping pong table sitting out in the open in this little square near my house. Outdoor ping pong, huh? Turns out college and Addis are not so different (except that it gets way the freak colder in Utah than it ever gets here).

No comments:

Post a Comment